How to Plan a Wedding?
- 11 Jan 2019
A question with a very wide range of answers- How to Plan a Wedding?
We have suggested timings and tasks below but these are not rigid- it is your wedding so you can do things your way!
12+ months before-
- First of all a great way to envision your ideas if with a folder/ Pintrest Board and a planner. This will be your holy grail for the run up to you wedding. Another useful tool is WeddingHappy an app available for iPhones. This helps you create and track your budget, your suppliers and upcoming payments.
- Decide on your wedding date
- Decide on day/ evening guest numbers
12 to 9 months before-
- Hire your suppliers
- Think about the menu you’d like to have for you wedding breakfast
- Decide on the type of entertainment you would like
9 to 6 months before-
- Finalise your wedding breakfast menu
- Think about the music you would like for the ceremony and first dance
- Start planning and book your honeymoon
6 to 4 months before-
- Create rehearsal dinner guest list
- Check the status of your invitations
- Envision your wedding cake and meet with a designer
3 months before-
- Finalise your guest list and chase RSVPs
- Finalise your wedding menu and cake selection
- Order additional stationary- menu cards, place names, programmes and order of service
2 months before-
- Check in and confirm details with suppliers
- Send the final guest list/ head count to the caterer
- Create the Table Plan
1 month before-
- Confirm and check in with all of your suppliers
- Obtain marriage licence
- Send ‘must have’ shots to photographer and videographer
1/2 weeks before-
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Groom: get your hair cut
- Check and confirm all details
- Drop off decorations etc. at the Venue
- Wedding Rehearsal
- Get lots of sleep!
- Write and send thank cards
- Preserve your wedding dress/ flowers
- Follow up with your photographer and videographer
Now we know there isn’t only 3 things to do in each time frame but if you want to find out more you can check out The Wedding Tribe online planning website, where you can find PDFs and more to help you plan!
I hope this wedding checklist will help you!