What is a Micro Wedding? Well, the short version is, it is smaller and more intimate wedding with no more that 30-50 guests. It is still a full wedding just scaled down on the guests. For a more detailed version of what a micro wedding is have a look at our latest blog on Micro Weddings.
Here we are going to look at all the pros and cons of a Micro wedding to help you decide whether this is something you would decide to go ahead with or not.
- With there being a drastic drop in guest numbers this will result in a much cheaper day. The food will only be for 15-30 people instead of around 100-200 people.
- Less numbers means less food needed which means lower prices for food and drinks.
- Bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen suits may not be needed or not as many.
- Which relates to this point of not having any of the drama that is normally included in planning your wedding and your wedding guests and who you should and should not invite etc.
- Sometimes you need to just say ‘Let’s do it’, Forget about the not knowing! Lose the worry and stress and make it the most incredible day of your lives. One that you will never forget.
- With the day having less people it will make your wedding so much more intimate and personal, with the people closest to you there to share it.
- You only get to invite the guests you want there and not have to worry about all the family politics.
- After the guest list, the table plan can be one of the most stressful things to try and organise, however with having less people and everyone having to be in their own bubbles, there is no stress and not much organising as it is pretty much already done for you.
- You will not need half as much stationary as before, save the dates/ wedding invites will be halved if not even more, which may make you consider online invites instead of paper ones.
- One of the main cons of having a micro wedding is of course, your guests. Especially if you planned on having a large head count. Having to cut down from 100-200 average guests to now 15 people is a major thing to have to do and pretty hard to do as well. This is the best way to decide if a micro wedding is for you or not. If you physically cannot get your numbers down to 15 or would be devastated if the rest of your guests were not there, then it may be worth looking into postponing.
- The government are in control for the rules and regulations, not you and this can be stressful for the run up to your day. The last-minute unknown of what is going on. Will there be new rules given before your big day comes around? Will they alter the number of guests again? Will there still be food allowed?? Will I need to postpone? This is something you need to consider.
After all the pros and cons, if you are deciding to go ahead with a covid safe micro wedding, keep going with your plans no matter what. Make sure everything is organised because even if something happens you can change things, but if they don’t and your wedding can go ahead as you planned for 15 people, then everything is in place and you wont have any last minute worries or stress. Venues are making sure they are all covid secure and are there to help you every step of the way.
And Finally! ENJOY IT, this is your day no matter what is going on! Make it the best day possible and make it your own. With everything going on in the world, it is important to have all the love and positivity spread around each other!
"We had our wedding at Thief Hall and it was perfect right down to the last detail. The entire team at Thief Hall are amazing! Thank you so much for an unforgettable weekend!”
- Wayne & Louise Morton
“We have had the most wonderful time here, celebrating our wedding! Everyone has been fantastic and the cottages are utterly stunning; everyone of our family and friends loved it. Thank you so much for making our wedding so special!”
- Danielle & Steven Bell
“I don't know where to start!! The most perfect venue for our wedding! A total blank canvas to work with and so much scope to make your wedding personal!”
- Lizzie James
“What can we say! Jess and Phil are outstanding! The attention to detail, support and service from the day we booked 18 months ago right up until now has been faultless.”
- Dan & David Whitelock
“OMG! Me and Ollie have had the best wedding ever, you have made it just perfect. Jess and the team, we could not have asked for more. Thank you se very much from the bottom of our hearts. All of our love and thanks xx”
- Ollie & Chelsie Anderson
“To Jessica, Katy and all the amazing team, Thank you so much for all of your help to make our wedding day so special! You helped everything flow so smoothly and couldn’t have been more helpful and attentive. All our guests loved a Cottages and it made such a difference celebrating with everyone together all weekend. Thief Hall is a really stunning venue and you and the team do an amazing job making the wedding is truly spectacular for everyone. Thank you for all your hard work”
- Caroline and Paul
“To Hannah and Jess, Thank you very much for everything. Our wedding couldn’t have gone any smoother, there wasn’t a single hair out of place you were amazing. Everyone of our guests complimented on the venue and the way everything was arranged and organised. This weekend has just been magical. We are both still on cloud nine. It has been a photo of a wedding from start to finish. A big massive thank you to Jessica, you are a dream. You have made this weekend the happiest of our entire life. You are a superstar, Hannah, you looked after Stevie and I from start to finish, we couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner. You kept me calm throughout the day and always check that we had everything in hand. Once again thank you for the special weekend/wedding day XXX”
- Debbie and Stevie
“Jessica and all in the amazing team at Thief Hall, what can we say? Thank you so much for an amazing weekend. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. You guys were amazing from start to finish & we can't thank you enough. For such a popular venue with weddings more weekends and mid-weeks you do everything to make the bride and groom feel so special. There were so many extra thoughtful touches that made the weekend so special. Jess, You are some kind of wizard in keeping the day running so smoothly and thinking of things that we completely over looked. Our guests had the best day yesterday and those staying in the cottages and glamping tents all said how wonderful everything was. The welcome hampers are a lovely touch. We can't wait to come back and perhaps have a slightly more relaxed stay! Thank you SO SO much!!!!”
- Gavin and Helen
“Thank you so much for all the hard-work over the last 9 months and for always being there for us with any query or question we had! This weekend has been a dream come true (a wacky very colourful dream but a dream of ours!) and your "blank canvas" made the perfect backdrop for it all to take place! From dropping of car loads on the Thursday to supporting us on the Friday, from stealthily making out day run like clockwork to allowing us to stay an extra night on the Sunday to enjoy the beautiful sunset! you guys have all been amazing! We thank you all a million times over!”
- Sam and Will
Get in touch
Join us on Social Media
@thiefhall | #thiefhall